Happy Sunday Ladies,
I hope you all enjoyed following me this week on Instagram and seeing all the fashion posts.
So it’s no secret that I’m loving a bit of rust right now, from my River Island sweater dress to my suede rust boots from Penneys. I’ve got lust for rust! It’s the perfect autumnal colour, it matches perfectly with whites/creams and denim, just like I have shown here.
This outfit is from Stradivarius and my Teddy coat is from Bershka. Both stores this season are so fabulously fashion forward! I’ve been wearing a lot of their clothes recently. Their style is super cool, but the value for money and quality of the clothing is brilliant they’ve very quickly become one of my favourite places to shop.
As it’s now mid-November it’s also got very chilly! It’s time to start looking for the perfect coat. I have already picked up too many teddy coats!! But here are some tips for you to bag yourself that perfect winter warmer!
- Starting the hunt early is good,because, firstly, you get the best selection of styles and sizes as most people probably haven’t bought their coat yet, and secondly, you get the best cost per wear out of your coat as you’re going to start wearing it soon!
- Shop around.I’m sure you’re all savvy shoppers, but make sure you shop around. Whatever you prefer, whether thats going in to shops, or doing it online, make sure you check out as many shops as you can.
- Choose a colour you will wear a lot.This is bit of an obvious one but choose a colour that you know suits you that suits your wardrobe that goes with a lot of your clothes. You want something that can you put over things you already have, so make sure it fits in with your current wardrobe.
- Stay simple. Personally, I think a simple coat is better, if it’s a really bright colour, or a bold pattern, you might get a bit sick of it. Black, grey, brown, navy, nude, camels, white and rust are all great coat colours which you can easily spice up with a patterned scarf if you want to inject a bit of something else!
- Invest. This is a staple item in your wardrobe and you’re going to get a lot of wear out. It is your winter coat, so it’s got to be good material and to keep you warm. I mean, it doesn’t have to be expensive but just make sure it is a really good fit and keeps you warm!
- And finally…Take care of your investment and it will last you years. Dry clean your coat often and be sure to hang it on a wooden hanger rather than a hook on the back f the door. The silhouette of your coat relies on the shoulders and once they go the coat will look shapeless and worn.
Rebecca Rose Xx
Shop the Look..
Coat – Bershka (Here)
Sweatshirt – Stradivarius (Here)
Skirt -Stradivarius (Here)
Trainers – Topshop (Similar Here)
Bag -Topshop (Similar Here)