Rebecca Rose, StylistBy Rebecca Quigley
Happy Sunday Ladies,
I hope you all enjoyed following me this week on Instagram and seeing all the fashion posts.
So it’s no secret that I’m loving a bit of rust right now, from my River Island sweater dress to my suede rust boots from Penneys. I’ve got lust for rust! It’s the perfect autumnal colour, it matches perfectly with whites/creams and denim, just like I have shown here.
This outfit is from Stradivarius and my Teddy coat is from Bershka. Both stores this season are so fabulously fashion forward! I’ve been wearing a lot of their clothes recently. Their style is super cool, but the value for money and quality of the clothing is brilliant they’ve very quickly become one of my favourite places to shop.
As it’s now mid-November it’s also got very chilly! It’s time to start looking for the perfect coat. I have already picked up too many teddy coats!! But here are some tips for you to bag yourself that perfect winter warmer!
- Starting the hunt early is good,because, firstly, you get the best selection of styles and sizes as most people probably haven’t bought their coat yet, and secondly, you get the best cost per wear out of your coat as you’re going to start wearing it soon!
- Shop around.I’m sure you’re all savvy shoppers, but make sure you shop around. Whatever you prefer, whether thats going in to shops, or doing it online, make sure you check out as many shops as you can.
- Choose a colour you will wear a lot.This is bit of an obvious one but choose a colour that you know suits you that suits your wardrobe that goes with a lot of your clothes. You want something that can you put over things you already have, so make sure it fits in with your current wardrobe.
- Stay simple. Personally, I think a simple coat is better, if it’s a really bright colour, or a bold pattern, you might get a bit sick of it. Black, grey, brown, navy, nude, camels, white and rust are all great coat colours which you can easily spice up with a patterned scarf if you want to inject a bit of something else!
- Invest. This is a staple item in your wardrobe and you’re going to get a lot of wear out. It is your winter coat, so it’s got to be good material and to keep you warm. I mean, it doesn’t have to be expensive but just make sure it is a really good fit and keeps you warm!
- And finally…Take care of your investment and it will last you years. Dry clean your coat often and be sure to hang it on a wooden hanger rather than a hook on the back f the door. The silhouette of your coat relies on the shoulders and once they go the coat will look shapeless and worn.
Rebecca Rose Xx
Shop the Look..
Coat – Bershka (Here)
Sweatshirt – Stradivarius (Here)
Skirt -Stradivarius (Here)
Trainers – Topshop (Similar Here)
Bag -Topshop (Similar Here)
Happy Tuesday Gals. I hope your week has kicked off nicely!
Today on the blog I am talking about everything Leopard print. From leopard to tiger, and everything in between, wild prints are everywhere this season.
If you haven’t already noticed, my wardrobe is having a wild moment!
As winter 2018 styles hit the shelves, there is no escaping the multitude of animal-inspired patterns.
We first saw them during New York Fashion Week when Victoria Beckham showcased classic leopard print pieces, Tom Ford gave a nod to sassy snakeskin while Prada granted tiger stripes to the mix.
Basically guys, it’s a jungle out there!!
Leopard is being hailed as the hero print for autumn/winter 2018. Luckily this brown spotty pattern is super versatile.
Whether it is a coat, a bag or a statement belt, leopard print is like wearing a red lip. It instantly elevates any outfit and always looks great.
There are so many leopard print styles, from co-ords to dresses, faux fur coats to name a few. If you want more of a day-to-night piece, invest in a leopard print midi skirt and you will not regret it, you can wear it with anything (yes, even a contrasting animal print) and be so on-trend this season.
For those of you who follow me, regularly will know I’m a midi dress/skirt fan but for this blog I wanted to showcase other ways to style one of my favourite trends this season.
Trousers are a slightly easier option and probably a lot more practical especially with our unpredictable weather here in Ireland.
So I opted for these super cool leopard print pants, a cosy knit and flat boots, not to mention this fab bag!! A great, stylish and practical day time look!
I hope you gals like this look as much as I enjoy wearing!
Rebecca Rose Xx
Shop the Look
River Island Knit – (Here)
River Island Trousers – (Here)
River Island Bag –(Here)
Kurt Geiger Boots – (Here)
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page.